Sunday, May 1, 2011

Moving Right Along... New Avenues to Travel

This week I received my second royalty direct deposit from Kindle/Amazon for the sale of my e-books.  This one was $20.78 bringing my grand total to somewhere around $41.  I'm proud of that $41 and it serves as continued encouragement for me to move forward with self-publication and wherever it may lead me.  It isn't much, a tank of gas give or take a few pennies, but to me the knowledge that people found something I created worth buying is priceless.

To give a few updates I'm currently sending out e-mails begging for reviews from different blog sites.  If you, or anyone you know, has a book review blog please let me know so I can grovel for your honest opinion of my work.  I've been working on being thick skinned so when they start telling me I suck I'll only cry for a little while. LOL In all honesty I value all reviews good or bad because if well meaning and done without malice a bad review can be more helpful than a good one.

On another front I have uploaded both books to Smashwords and they're being converted as we speak.  I'm still trying to figure out exactly how this site works, but as soon as everything is converted and available I will put up links.  The way I understand it Smashwords make the e-books available in a variety of file types so that people can purchase them for download on many different types of e-readers, smart phones, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment