Thursday, April 28, 2011

Paddling a slow canoe...

There really isn't much to update on in my little writer's world at the moment.  I'm hard at work on The Wolfman's Halo, the third book in the Alpha Men series, as well as some quick detours into the other works-in-progress I have on my multi-burnered writing stove.  I feel a bit like I'm spinning my wheels with Wolfman's Halo at the moment... even though the words are coming along fairly well I still feel like something just isn't right with the storyline and the characters are dragging me all over hell's half acre trying to find the correct path to the ending we all know is coming.  I'll figure it out eventually, but it may mean printing out the 205 pages I have done and ripping that sucker to pieces before putting it back together in some completely new order!

On other fronts, I'm trying to focus on finding book review blogs that I can request reviews from.  This is my first cautious step into the world of actually promoting and advertising Saving Alexandria and Guardian of Dreams and it's a little scarey.  I've sent 13 requests over the past 12 days and I haven't heard anything back from any of them as of yet.  It all takes time, but it's as bad as when I was pursuing mainstream publishers and agents and spent half my evenings checking and rechecking e-mail waiting for the rejections to come in.  I suppose I should look on the bright side and say that at least I haven't gotten any rejections yet, but that would be stretching my newly minted confidence a bit too far I think.  Sales are down this month, only 2 copies of
Saving Alexandria, but that's to be expected and hopefully will be helped along if end up with some decent reviews.

For now I will paddle along (the paddling canoe is an ode to the fact that my area has gotten a Noah's boat load of rain in the last month) my little stream of self-publication until I hit something solid.... hopefully it will be a nice sandy beach and not a freakin iceberg!

No comments:

Post a Comment